Email Hooks

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Tue Sep 2 08:48:01 BST 2008

Nick, (and everyone else :-)

Just to round off and provide closure

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 17:02 +0200, Nicholas Allen wrote:

> I don't think it is a plugin. You run it separately from Bazaar and
> tell it which branches to check (poll or inotify). I haven't actually
> used it though...

I now have the Bazaar Hookless Email application running as a daemon on
the machine serving the Bazaar mainline branches I wanted email hooks
for, and it seems to work exactly as required.  Well not exactly but
that is a different issue.

This is definitely what is needed to provide Subversion style commit
hooks.

If there is someone working on the Bazaar documentation and in
particular  how to use Bazaar as a replacement for Subversion, then this
application really needs to be front and centre.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077