How to view full log messages for pending merges?

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 28 21:52:23 BST 2008

On 28-Aug-2008, at 2:33 PM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Brian de Alwis wrote:
>> Is there any way to get the full log messages for the pending
>> merges, beyond "bzr missing .../other/branch"?
>>
> Unfortunately, we don't have a good way to address that right now.
> All of our
> revision specs are based around the Branch, and only the Tree knows
> about the
> pending merges.
>
> Any suggestions of notation to use? For example:
>
>  bzr log -r pending:1
>
> Could give the log based on the first pending merge.

I was thinking more along the lines of 'bzr status --log-format full',
or '--pending-log-format', to match 'bzr log'.

I started to delve into adding support for 'log_format' options to
status, but the other LogFormatters don't support log_string, and I
ran out of time.  And it sounds like that wouldn't have worked anyways.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
       "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli