Branch fails from 'pack-0.92' repo to 'rich-root-pack' repo

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 27 05:32:00 BST 2008

Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:
> >
> >> This week, I hope to work on a format similar to rich-root-pack
> >> that *will* be a suitable default. As part of that work, I will
> >> be ensuring that all branches, even weird ones like BE, can be
> >> converted into that format.
> >
> > How is this work going?
>
> Mostly done and merged.
>
> > Is it incorporated into the work in Bazaar 1.6?
>
> No, it went into 1.5

Okay.

What is the format called? How do I convert a repository to this
format?

Is it now "a suitable default", as you discussed earlier? What are the
requirements for it to become the default?

Would I be well advised to convert any repositories to this format?
What caveats are there for using it?

--
 \     “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” |
  `\                                                 —Henry L. Mencken |