[MERGE] add SimpleXMLRPCServer in stanalone bzr.exe

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Aug 25 16:10:50 BST 2008

Guillermo Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I think the idea behind the patch was misundertood :)
>
> This patch only adds SimpleXMLRPCServer.py to the stabdalone exe.
>
> bzr-xmloutput stills need to be installed.
>
> Cheers,

No, I understand what you are doing. The *problem* is that plugins require
more dependencies than we bundle by default into the standalone installer. The
symptom is you needing to add it, even though bzr itself doesn't use it.

The proper solution is to change how we do packaging, such that plugins can
provide their dependencies. My preferred solution is to not have a
"standalone" installer at all. But just an installer that will automatically
install the necessary dependencies (such as a full install of python) if they
are not already installed.

As I said, I'm against this patch on principle, but for short-term pragmatic
reasons, I think it is okay.