Loggerhead 1.6 Released!

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:50:05 BST 2008

So, after a few interesting months of work, I'm absolutely thrilled to
be releasing Loggerhead 1.6.

It has gone through many drastic changes, and is now in very good shape.

The highlights are:

- Shiny new theme
- Switched from turbogears/KID to wsgi/paste/simpletal (we're now very
dependency-friendly)
- Setup now works and does the right thing (tm)
- New configuration-less startup script (serve-branches)
- Performance improvements
- Updated to work with bzr 1.6
- URLs are now human-friendly (they use revnos instead of revids)
- Integration with bzr-search

The full announcement is available here:
https://launchpad.net/loggerhead/+announcement/885

One of the things I'm most happy about this release, is the amount of
people who have contributed to it (aside from Michael Hudson, who is
the maintainer and core developer and myself), so I'd like to list
them in no particular order:

- Matt Nordhoff (Peng)
- Paul Hummer (rockstar)
- Jelmer Vernooij (jelmer)
- Robert Collins (lifeless)
- Matteo Settenvini
- Tim Penhey (thumper)
- John Arbash Meinel (jam)

Canonical has sponsored the bulk of the work, so a big thanks to them too  :)

You can download it from:
http://launchpad.net/loggerhead/1.6/1.6/+download/loggerhead-1.6.tar.gz
Hopefully, we'll have a .deb in PPA soon.

I'll send a draft for 1.7 (or 1.8, we're keeping in sync with bzr
releases) to the list so we can discuss what we want for the next
version.

Cheers, and a big thanks to everyone!

--
Martin