bzr init suddenly got verbose?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Aug 15 04:57:27 BST 2008

I must have blinked and missed it, but 'bzr init' now prints out a raft
of info.

This is quite ugly IMO - one of the things I have heard users complain
about in git is its habit of telling users everything thats going on, so
they end up filtering out all its output mentally - they don't know what
is important or not.

I appreciate that there was some presumed user confusion causing this to
be changed in the first place - but perhaps the output is _too much_?

./bzr init foo
Repository tree (format: pack-0.92)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/robertc/source/baz
  repository branch: foo

Related branches:
  public branch: http://people.ubuntu.com/~robertc/baz2.0/bug-255656/foo
    push branch: sftp://rookery/~/public_html/baz2.0/bug-255656/foo