[RFC] detecting "file not found" and "directory not found" exceptions on Windows

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Aug 13 11:45:35 BST 2008

> I think it should be abstracted out to an osutils.list_dir() function,
> and then we should spread that throughout the codebase.

That sounds good to me.  How should we approach this for 1.6?  I think my patch as it stands is the least risky for 1.6 and we do the listdir() change on .dev.  OTOH, if you'd prefer the listdir patch for both 1.6 and .dev, let me know and I'll try and do it ASAP.

[If my patch should be applied to 1.6, please let me know if I need to do anything else WRT bundle-buggy or anything else to make this happen.]

Thanks,

Mark