Bundle Buggy suggestion: leave the 'merged' subject line alone

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Aug 12 00:59:08 BST 2008

Bundle Buggy now sends mail when patches are finally merged, which is
nice.  I had always wondered why these were not in the same thread as
the patch itself, and just realized that this is actually a gmail
quirk - it apparently always considers a subject change to be a new
thread regardless of the other headers.  (It's debatable whether this
is the best behaviour but we can't really change it, and several
project participants do use it.)  Could we change BB to not tweak the
subject in this case?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>