[MERGE] fix blackbox failures when run from windows executable

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Aug 9 09:30:06 BST 2008

Some of the blackbox tests are failing when run under a py2exe executable.
The problem is that the test suite attempts to execute 'sys.executable + " "
+ bzr_path', but when executed in a frozen environment, the 'bzr_path'
portion makes things fail.

This fixes 20 tests in the windows binary builds.    I'd also like to
request this be merged into the 1.6 branch.

FWIW, test\blackbox\test_serve.py almost certainly has the same problem.
However, I haven't included that in the patch: if I do make the same change
there, the test failure changes from:

"""
ERROR                 611ms
    Connection closed: please check connectivity and permissions (and try
-Dhpss if further diagnosis is required)
ERROR: test_bzr_connect_to_bzr_ssh
(bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_serve.TestBzrServe)
"""

to:

"""
  File "bzrlib\remote.pyo", line 80, in __init__
NotBranchError: Not a branch:
"bzr+ssh://fred@localhost:54917/window~1/testbzr-_phaki.tmp/ve.test_bzr_conn
ect_to_bzr_ssh/work/a_br
anch/".
FAILED (errors=1)
"""

So its not clear if that got better or worse :)

Cheers,

Mark