[MERGE] Fetch into stacked branches works correctly

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 31 07:19:17 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:11 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:

>             # the pack fetcher assumes it can just copy pack binary
> data, but
>             # that may not be safe if there are fallback repositories
> on
>             # either side; instead we look at the revisions and deltas
> one by
>             # one.

I'd say
# The pack layer is not aware of fallback repositories, so when fetching
# from a stacked repository or into a stacked repository we use the
# generic fetch logic which uses the VersionedFiles attributes on
# repository.

(We don't actually look at the revisions and deltas one-by-one any more
than pack fetching does).

-Rob