Deprecation warnings

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Tue Jul 29 10:04:37 BST 2008

I am using bzr.dev kept up-to-date daily, running from the tree.  I have
bzrtools, gtk, rebase, svn, and xmloutput plugins installed from their
publicized Bazaar branches.

I am now getting:

Format <RepositoryFormatKnit1> for http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%
7Ebzr-gtk/bzr-gtk/trunk/.bzr/ is deprecated - please use 'bzr upgrade'
to get better performance

which is both not something I can do anything about and very irritating
(probably because it is not something I can do anything about).

Also I get:

Format <RepositoryFormatKnit3> for
file:///home/users/russel/.bazaar/plugins/rebase/.bzr/ is deprecated -
please use 'bzr upgrade' to get better performance

however, when I do bzr upgrade:

|> bzr upgrade
Format <RepositoryFormatKnit3> for
file:///home/users/russel/.bazaar/plugins/rebase/.bzr/ is deprecated -
please use 'bzr upgrade' to get better performance
starting upgrade of file:///home/users/russel/.bazaar/plugins/rebase/
making backup of tree history
file:///home/users/russel/.bazaar/plugins/rebase/.bzr has been backed up
to file:///home/users/russel/.bazaar/plugins/rebase/backup.bzr
if conversion fails, you can move this directory back to .bzr
if it succeeds, you can remove this directory if you wish
starting repository
conversion
bzr: ERROR: Cannot convert to format <RepositoryFormatKnitPack1>.  Does
not support rich root
data.
507 balin:~/.bazaar/plugins/rebase

BTW a bit of pedantry:  you can't move backup.bzr to .bzr until you have
deleted the new .bzr.   (You can tell I am feeling grumpy :-)

I accept that I am probably just being stupid and failing to read the
obvious document that tells me how stupid I am being, but as a dullard
user this is a bit of a dead end, almost Catch-22 situation, over which
I have no control and can do nothing.

(See, I said I was feeling grumpy ;-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077