bzr serve --http ?

Daniel Watkins daniel at daniel-watkins.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 02:01:27 BST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:42:35 +1000
Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> So loggerhead is newer better brighter etc etc.
Well done to all the people who've been working to make it so.  I
looked at a branch on LP and then at a branch running trunk (or so) and
the difference was staggering. :)

> I think its nicer than the hg webserve in nearly every regard these
> days; except for one rather niggly thing:
> '$bzr serve --http'
> bzr: ERROR: no such option: --http
>
> If this was fixed - that is, if loggerhead acted as a plugin as well
> as a bzrlib user, then we would have a really nice integrated web
> server.
>
> There are probably a cluster of little bugs in loggerhead and bzr to
> fix to make this happen, but - what do you all think?
+1, making Loggerhead blindingly simple to set up would be fantastic.
This would make it easier to use ad hoc (say at a conference or a
sprint with patchy Internet access) and be much more impressive when
you want to show it off to people.

Dan

--
Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)