bzr serve --http ?

Michael Hudson michael.hudson at canonical.com
Mon Jul 28 06:37:10 BST 2008

Robert Collins wrote:
> So loggerhead is newer better brighter etc etc.

Speaking of which, I just now merged the new_theme into loggerhead trunk:

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~loggerhead-team/loggerhead/trunk

> I think its nicer than the hg webserve in nearly every regard these
> days; except for one rather niggly thing:
> '$bzr serve --http'
> bzr: ERROR: no such option: --http
>
> If this was fixed - that is, if loggerhead acted as a plugin as well as
> a bzrlib user, then we would have a really nice integrated web server.

I started on this:

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mwhudson/+junk/bzr-loggerserve

Patches welcome etc.

> There are probably a cluster of little bugs in loggerhead and bzr to fix
> to make this happen, but - what do you all think?

It's a good idea.  I'm not sure how to do it just logistically -- I
guess 'python setup.py install'/'apt-get install loggerhead' should
install something in /usr/.../plugins/loggerserve?

I think it should be a goal for the next loggerhead release, which we
should release sometime in the next few weeks.

Cheers,
mwh