Bazaar 1.6 in Hardy

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Jul 25 04:16:06 BST 2008

I spoke to Tim about this:

I think we could reasonably do a 1.3.2 with those changes backported
and ask for that to go as an SRU into hardy, and indeed into other
still-supported distroreleases.

For people to be happily using stacking with launchpad we need them to
install 1.6.  This will be a larger change than would normally fit the
SRU guidelines.  So we need some way for people to install it other
than through hardy-updates; that could be

 * hardy-backports -- I'm not sure how many people have this installed
 * pointing people to the Bazaar PPA
 * possibly having a recommended PPA for all Launchpad clients

It would be really nice for Launchpad to look at the user-agent header
or ssh request headers and give a message to the user like "you should
upgrade" but that doesn't particularly help with the bugs mentioned
above.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>