darcs foreign branch support ?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 12 01:27:03 BST 2008

Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> writes:

> I think foreign branches are _much_ more adaptive and intuitive than
> importer based solutions.
>
> Where random output is involved, an import-export solution works
> well. But for seamless interoperability, and peer-to-peer concurrent
> conversions you essentially need all the machinery that foreign
> branches have.

Do note, though, that the foreign branch should *not* be obnoxious to
users of non-Bazaar clients.

I've had very bad experiences trying to use Bazaar with an existing
Subversion repository, and having Bazaar noise visible to every
non-Bazaar user (including robots such as email notifiers).

All this presumes we're talking about the same thing by "foreign
branch".

--
 \          “I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Granted, it |
  `\                                     takes longer.” —Steven Wright |