[RFC] Fix Bug #220331

Daniel Watkins daniel at daniel-watkins.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 10:34:26 BST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:05:35 +0300
Audrius Kažukauskas <neobug at tornado.ktu.lt> wrote:
> Right now I am at EuroPython sprints.  This is my first time sprinting
> and I happened to choose to work on bzr.  So far it's quite a nice
> experience. :-)
Sprints are always fun. :)

> There's one question that started bothering me after the commit ─
> should the test work in Windows also?  Because bzr is multi-platform
> project and my test assumes Unix-like environment.
Tests should work on Windows, which is yet another reason to use the
Bazaar test infrastructure. :)

> If I understand correctly, I should get rid of the finally part, yes?
Yep, the Bazaar test infrastructure will handle all of the cleanup for
you.

> Also what I should do now?  Fix my branch or clone the new one and
> make the changes there?  I apologise for asking this, but I am
> unfamiliar with the right conventions used in larger projects with
> lots of developers (as I mentioned above, I use distributed source
> control systems only for my personal stuff).
Well, the standard way would be to make the fixes in the same branch
and then use 'bzr send' (as I assume you did before).  This will
produce a merge directive which contains the full patch between the
most recent revision in your branch and bzr.dev, as well as a bundle of
revisions so other bzr users can recreate your branch.

Regards,
--
Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)