darcs foreign branch support ?

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Thu Jul 10 22:40:48 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:34 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:

> 4. using tailor

We used tailor to migrate a number of our projects from Darcs to Bazaar.

It was not a pleasant experience, but it worked in the end.

We had to hack it a bit so that it didn't make a mess of the commit
messages (patch to tailor as it then was below). But we were doing a
one-time conversion, not ongoing upstream synchronization.

AfC
Sydney

{
hunk ./vcpx/repository/bzr.py 25
from bzrlib import errors
from bzrlib.add import smart_add_tree
from bzrlib.bzrdir import BzrDir
-from bzrlib.delta import compare_trees
+from bzrlib.delta import _compare_trees
from bzrlib.osutils import normpath, pathjoin
from bzrlib.plugin import load_plugins

hunk ./vcpx/target.py 75
         information with the template above.
         """

-        if changeset.log == '':
-            firstlogline = 'Empty log message'
-            remaininglog = ''
-        else:
-            loglines = changeset.log.split('\n')
-            if len(loglines)>1:
-                firstlogline = loglines[0]
-                remaininglog = '\n'.join(loglines[1:])
-            else:
-                firstlogline = changeset.log
-                remaininglog = ''
+        #loglines = changeset.log.split('\n')
+        patchname = changeset.revision
+        #changelog = '\n'.join(loglines)
+        changelog = changeset.log

hunk ./vcpx/target.py 80
-        patchname = self.PATCH_NAME_FORMAT % {
-            'project': self.repository.projectref().name,
-            'revision': changeset.revision,
-            'author': changeset.author,
-            'date': changeset.date,
-            'firstlogline': firstlogline,
-            'remaininglog': remaininglog}
-        if self.REMOVE_FIRST_LOG_LINE:
-            changelog = remaininglog
-        else:
-            changelog = changeset.log
         return patchname, changelog

     def replayChangeset(self, changeset):
}

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management. We actively
carry out research and development in these areas on behalf of our
clients, and enable successful use of open source in their mission
critical enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London