[MERGE] Remove the temporary elisp file created for attachments by EmacsMail.

Christophe TROESTLER Christophe.Troestler+bzr at umh.ac.be
Sun Jun 22 19:03:11 BST 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:17:35 -0400 (EDT), Aaron Bentley wrote:

> I can't comment on most of the patch, but I consider 'emacsclient' a
> generic option, because it can run a number of different mail
> clients. If we had an option for 'mew', I would consider that a
> specific option.

Emacs has a generic interface to compose mail (the compose-mail
function) but adding attachments is dependent on the Emacs MUA used
(this is why there was already a test on mail-user-agent).  So,
unfortunately it is not completely generic.

> I hope someone who understands how this would affect other emacs
> users can take a look at this.

It will not affect other Emacs users at all (the code remaining the
same for the already handled cases).  Some more cases might be good
hoewever as there are other popular Emacs MUAs (but I do not use
them so I cannot write the additional cases).

Hope it clarifies the situation.

Now maybe the temporary file emacs-bzr-send-***.el should not be
created at all and instead a file $HOME/.emacs.d/bazaar.el should be
written with the current template (unless this file already exists).
The user can then modify it to its own preferences (some comments
should be added to the file to tell how and the message "Unhandled
MUA" should be changed to refer the that file).  I did not do it
because it departs from the strategy that was implemented and because
it is not clear to me how to get the $HOME directory on windows, but I
can if that's a way that seems better.  Stefan Monnier may have better
suggestions still.

Regards,
ChriS