screencasts.bazaar-vcs.org

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Fri Jun 20 21:16:52 BST 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:26:33 +1000
"Martin Pool" <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:19 AM, James Westby
> <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> > I'd like to make it more of a site than just dumping the videos
> > there, but it should perhaps be integrated with docs.bazaar-vcs.org,
> > what do you think? Can anyone see a good way to integrate the
> > screencasts in to the existing documentation that would supplement
> > what is there?
>
> At the moment the doc site is a bit dry, since it contains rendered
> forms of what was in the source tree for various releases.  The main
> jumping-off point for it is bazaar-vcs.org/Documentation.  You could
> certainly link the docs from there.  Generally the in-tree
> documentation is the more official or somewhat more formal stuff.

Let me just say that I think the Bazaar User Guide is really great.
I did not find it dry at all.  The clean, simple, beautiful format
actually enticed me to learn reStructuredText and put it to use for
lots of my own writing and documentation purposes (and borrow+improve
upon the RST style sheet it uses). As for improvements to the user
guide, I think more in-depth explanations of things would be nice, such
as how "bzr send" works (what is "submit" branch, exactly? bzr send
refers to it [6.4] and so does 10.1.