Bazaar Repository Structure, Branches, Tags

Michael Haggerty mhagger at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 4 15:54:27 BST 2008

JetMark wrote:
> Thanks everybody, very informative. Not only do I clearly have quite a bit
> to learn about Bazaar, but I really cringe at my various mispellings  ;-(
> Sorry folks!  The cvsps is a disappointment because it would appear from
> other discussions and comparisons elsewhere that this is an area where
> Bazaar is ahead of other new-generation VCS. Well perhaps not, but it is
> true that many of the potential new adoptors are currently using CVS and a
> first-rate import utility would attract much use I suspect.

To the extent that bzr-fastimport works correctly, it should be possible
to use cvs2svn [1] (aka cvs2git [2]) to convert a CVS repository to bzr.
 I don't think I've heard about anybody who has tried it, and I'm not a
bzr user, so you could be a trailblazer here :-)

If it doesn't work, please let me know (via the users at cvs2svn.tigris.org
mailing list) what changes are needed in the cvs2svn's git-fast-import
output to make bzr happy with it.

Michael
(the cvs2svn maintainer)

[1] http://cvs2svn.tigris.org