Advanced cherry picking

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+bzr at mega-nerd.com
Fri May 30 13:08:56 BST 2008

Ben Finney wrote:

> As I understand it, revisions are dependent on being applied to the
> working tree in a specific state. What would you expect the result to
> be if, say, the first three revisions you specify apply cleanly to the
> local branch, but not the fourth?

I expect the first three patches applied and to then be given sensible
options on how to fix it and then options to either continue or back
out again.

In my specific case, I know that the patches I want to merge are
almost exclusively to files that are already in the mainline and
all the patches I don't want to merge are to files that exist in
the branch but not in the mainline.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo