Resolving diverged branches in Subversion repository

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 16 16:33:16 BST 2008

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at vernstok.nl> writes:

> See the bzr-svn FAQ for more details about this.

Thanks. That's <URL:http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr-svn/FAQ.html> for
those following along at home.

> Basically, use "bzr rebase" rather than merge if you don't want the
> mainline history of your subversion branch to change.

I also don't want the history of my Bazaar branches to change, so I'll
avoid using 'rebase'.

I'll try the other option you present in the above FAQ: represent the
Subversion branch on my local system by using a Bazaar checkout
(instead of branch) of the Subversion branch.

--
 \    "Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions."  -- Henry N. Camp |
Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au>