Resolving diverged branches in Subversion repository

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Fri May 16 11:54:14 BST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 06:25:19PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
[...]
> Am I using the wrong workflow? How else should I be resolving the
> situation where my branch and the Subversion repository have divergent
> revisions?

> How can I reconcile it *without* another user of this repository
> (using Subversion) seeing a repetition of changes that already exist
> in previous revisions?

You'll note that the revisions that exist in subversion after pushing
are exactly the same as those in the mainline of your local bazaar
branch.

See the bzr-svn FAQ for more details about this. Basically, use "bzr rebase"
rather than merge if you don't want the mainline history of your
subversion branch to change.

Cheers,

Jelmer