Changing a commit message, upgrading from -subtree formats

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado raul at dervishd.net
Tue May 13 12:52:58 BST 2008

Saluton Jelmer :)

I've cc'd my friend, since he is interested in this issue, too.

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:32:16 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij dixit:
> Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> > The second question is regarding -subtree formats. A friend of mine
> > and me converted some projects from SVN to Bazaar using bzr-svn and
> > the imported branch had format "dirstate-with-subtree".
> bzr-svn will create "rich-root-pack" branches in newer versions of
> Bazaar and bzr-svn (bazaar >= 1.0). bzr-svn doesn't work with
> pack-0.92 (nor is it possible to upgrade to pack-0.92 from
> rich-root-pack or -subtree) because it needs to store extra
> information that pack-0.92 doesn't support yet.

The import was made back in Bazaar 0.90 times. Since then, a lot of
revision have been made, but I think that one solution would be to
re-import the projects and manually commit the newest changes to the
new branch.

Assuming that we could use rich-root-pack instead of pack-0.92 (this is
not an issue since all of we are using bzr 1.3 as a minimum), is there
a way of converting from a -subtree format to rich-root-pack? That will
do too. "bzr upgrade" fails with rich-root-pack format as destination,
too, if the source is dirstate-with-subtree...

Thanks for your fast answer :)

We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...