Changing a commit message, upgrading from -subtree formats

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Tue May 13 12:32:16 BST 2008

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> The second question is regarding -subtree formats. A friend of mine
> and me converted some projects from SVN to Bazaar using bzr-svn and
> the imported branch had format "dirstate-with-subtree".
bzr-svn will create "rich-root-pack" branches in newer versions of
Bazaar and bzr-svn (bazaar >= 1.0). bzr-svn doesn't work with
pack-0.92 (nor is it possible to upgrade to pack-0.92 from
rich-root-pack or -subtree) because it needs to store extra
information that pack-0.92 doesn't support yet.

There has been talk about making rich-root-pack the default in 1.6.

Cheers,

Jelmer