authentication.conf question

TPJ tprimke at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:02:36 BST 2008

> (...)
> We don't support storing passwords for SSH anywhere (because most ssh
> programs don't let us supply them anyway, for security reasons.)

Yeah, I have already noticed...

> So instead, I would recommend setting up an ssh agent. (ssh-agent on
> Linux, Pageant on Windows.) Basically, you give your ssh key to the
> agent one time, and then it remembers it for any connections you make.

And that's the solution to my problem! I've tried to perform various
bzr+ssh operations with ssh agent set and I haven't been prompted for
any password. It's all I need!

> (...)
> I believe in 1.5 we will warn/error if you try to supply a password
> for an ssh connection, rather than just silently ignoring it.

Excellent idea. There are people (like me) who have little (or no)
knowledge about ssh.

> (...)
> Vila: certainly when parsing the file, we could see "bzr+ssh" and let
> the user know that they should be using something else?

YYYeeesss! ;)

Thanks for your help!