[MERGE] per-user file properties

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue May 6 13:37:21 BST 2008

Martin Pool wrote:

> Yes, I completely agree that this needs to be in the branch too.  I
> believe the per-user configuration is only ever intended to be a first
> step.  To me it seems like we should just also look for this file in
> the branch but perhaps being able to test this interactively first
> would be good.

When we support multiple locations for finding properties (i.e. not just
checking in BAZAAR_HOME/.bzrproperties), we'll also need to specify the
rules for how the various sources are combined.

In the design proposed so far, the first match in a given file wins.
Having made a match against a pattern in a branch/tree, would you expect
the BAZAAR_HOME/.bzrproperties file to be checked for additional
properties or not?

Ian C.