bazaar performance with single large project and a comparison with?git / mercurial

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Apr 25 16:16:02 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 09:56 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Our developers are a mix of Windows, Cygwin and likely to soon also
> > include linux users.  The users are located in three different
> > continents with two of the three teams using CVS over a WAN with some
> > fairly severe latency, bandwidth and unfortunately reliability issues.
>
> How does ClearCase work over WANs?
> As for ways to rule out ClearCase, have you tried to come up with
> a benchmark that measures the server's load?  It may be irrelevant in
> some sense, but management may not notice whether it's relevant.

From what I hear (which may be urban myth but...) ClearCase
pragmatically requires dedicated sys admins for any sizeable
installations, not to mention the licence costs.  Any cost conscious
manager will therefore not want to use ClearCase so to avoid charges to
the budget.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077