branch: Repository KnitPackRepository is not compatible with repository KnitRepository

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 22 14:08:56 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> ['dirstate-with'subtrees'] isn't specifically a dead end. You should
> be able to convert it to a 'rich-root-pack' today.

But that format, as pointed out elsewhere, makes for yet another
repository incompatible with others that can be expected in the wild.

> There may be some small bugs in converting from it, which we are
> trying to fix for the next format. We need a new format for other
> reasons, so we feel like the development effort needs to be focused
> there. It should only be a month or two before we have --pack-1.4
> (1.5?) up and running, which will be a recommended upgrade for
> everyone.

I look forward to it.

Thanks for everyone's patience in helping me at least understand why
I'm stuck.

--
 \      "Often, the surest way to convey misinformation is to tell the |
  `\            strict truth."  -- Mark Twain, _Following the Equator_ |