RFC: TortoiseBzr strategies

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:46:19 BST 2008

On Št, 2008-04-17 at 12:13 +0200, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> It seems like the GUIs are either at an
> immature state or the writers of the GUIs have not used TortoiseSVN
> extensively to know the areas/workflows that a GUI is better suited over
> a command line and to make sure those areas work *really* well.
[...]
> QBzr lets me see it side by side but not revert a small part of a diff by
> clicking it over to the other side.

I have used TortoiseSVN for long enough time to know about features like
this, and they are not implemented in QBzr because it's not something I
want to use. For any kind of merges, I prefer my text editor.
TortoiseMerge is a standalone application, it should be trivial to
launch it from existing GUI tools or even 'bzr diff', no need to
reinvent the wheel.

Lukas