Support for symlinks on windows platforms

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Apr 3 20:27:47 BST 2008

Andreas Deininger пишет:
> Hi,
>
> on my Windows box, I just tried to use bazaar to checkout a branch
> that resides on a unix server and ran into the following error:
>
> E:\>bzr co bzr+ssh://myusre@14.xx.xx.xx/my/path/to/repo
> Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_4.7)
> Authentication (password) successful!
> Secsh channel 1 opened.
> bzr: ERROR: Unable to create symlink 'files/ex/images/abc.jpg' on this platform
>
> I'm aware of the following document that deals with this issue:
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/WindowsSymlinkSupport
>
> My questions are now:
> * how far has development come concerning this issue?
> * can I effectively use bazaar on WIndows to checkout a branch that
> contains symlinks? I'm aware of the Bazaar Symlinks for Win32 Plugin:
> https://launchpad.net/bzr-win32symlinks
>
> However, I wasn't not able to successfully install that plugin with
> the latest bzr version 1.3:
>
> C:\>bzr plugins
> Unable to load plugin 'bzr_win32symlinks' from 'C:\\Program
> Files\\Python25\\lib\\site-packages\\bzrlib\\plugins'
> bzrtools 1.3.0
>     Various useful plugins for working with bzr.
>
> launchpad
>     Launchpad.net integration plugin for Bazaar.
>
> I'm aware of the fact that there is a ~/.bazaar.log file under Unix to
> resolev that kind of problems. However, I couldn't find such a file on
> my Windows installation, so I couldn't track it down further.

It should be in My Documents folder on your machine.
Also you should see exact location in output of `bzr version` command:

Bazaar (bzr) 1.3
   Python interpreter: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\python25.dll 2.5.2.final.0
   Python standard library: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip
   bzrlib: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib
   Bazaar configuration: C:\Documents and Settings\F1\Application Data\bazaar\2.0
   Bazaar log file: C:\work\Documents\.bzr.log

Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Canonical Ltd.
http://bazaar-vcs.org/

bzr comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  bzr is free software, and
you may use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU
General Public License version 2 or later.

The line started with "Bazaar log file:".

Could you post what it said about inability of load the plugin. Probably you missing
some library for Python. Do you have pywin32 installed?