bzr 1.3 in ppa; plugins still need updates

Christian Tschabuschnig tschaboo at gmx.at
Sun Mar 30 19:36:07 BST 2008

James Westby wrote:
> I can work on something that automates the easy bit of grabbing
> the new tarball and updating debian/changelog, building the source
> package and uploading each to the PPA, then it would just be a case
> of fixing any build failures.
>
> Alternatively there are many people in #bzr with the skills to do
> this, so when it is time to upload perhaps we could share the work
> out and do it that way.

If there are several people working on interdependent packages there
could be a PPA open for the whole bzr-team where everyone can do his/her
work and one official PPA that get's updated by the release manager with
all packages at the same time when it's known that all packages will
build correctly.

While PPA is building packages there still might be a (short) period of
time, where the packages are inconsistent. It would be a useful
launchpad feature to hold back packages until the desired dependencies
are fulfilled. But even for now it would be better to have an unusable
repository for five or ten minutes than for a few days.

Regards
Christian