RFC: TortoiseBzr strategies

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 18:27:01 BST 2008

    Ville> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Talden <talden at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip/>

    Ville> I tried to get bzr-gtk installed but gave up quickly.

I had to setup an pygtk env last week and my previous experience
with perl-gtk was a bit frightening (find the libraries from 5 or
different sites, compile some, re-compile perl itself, patch,
patch, patch)...

Then, from http://www.pygtk.org/, I found:

 http://osl.ulpgc.es/~arc/gnome/pygtk-setup.exe

Right on the first page :)

The installer provides:
- gtk required libs,
- python,
- pygtk.

May be not the latest versions, but recent enough.

There is an option to *not* install the python provided though
(if you have one already).

On a clean XP, it installed flawlessly (many clicks but no
answers needed :).

And the guy said
(http://aruiz.typepad.com/siliconisland/2006/12/allinone_win32_.html):
"If you wanna help, patches are welcome".

Which means that an even simpler installer may be created.

Once installed, I pointed BZR_PLUGIN_PATH to my linux mounted
~/.bazaar/plugins, just for fun (half hoping it will be enough
but ready for the worse)..

And you know what ? It worked. viz, gblame, anything I could
think of in my 5 minutes tests.

May be windows may not be *so* hard to support for bzr-gtk.

    Vincent