Split hinks ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Thu Mar 27 01:00:27 GMT 2008

   Grump. Ignore previous mail, damn it, wanted to report an
   incorrect key stroke and *used* an incorrect key stroke...

   <snip/>

       aaron> I use the "vimdiff" plugin.  This lets me edit the
       aaron> file in place, with a clear idea of what has changed.

       aaron> I assume vimdiff is not to your liking, but Emacs must
       aaron> also have a diff mode.  You can invoke it with "bzr
       aaron> diff --using $EMACS_DIFF $FILENAME"

       vila> Or from inside emacs:

       vila> C-M-| bzr diff [path]

   'M-|' (shell-command-on-region) not C-M-| (undefined)

       vila> M-x diff-mode

       vila> And, once in diff-mode, you're free to use:

       vila> - C-c C-c to go to the file referenced in the diff (you will be
       vila>    positioned at the exact char you cursor is on in the diff)

       vila> - C-c C-a to apply/un-apply any hunk,

       vila> - C-x C-w <file.patch> to save the patch for further reference
       vila>   (which basically gives you bzr shelf and strong basis for any
       vila>   cherry-pick for free :)

That's another way to do. There is also the excellent DVC.el package.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org