random people wanting to join ~bzr

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Mar 26 03:33:29 GMT 2008

Every so often we get people asking to join the bzr team on Launchpad
who've never had any previous interaction with us as far as I can
tell.  I don't know why, and I have not yet had one reply to my mail
asking them.

I don't want to just let unknown people join because being a member
does give some privileges such as upload to the PPA and bug tweaking.

Speculation:
 * want to help with Bazaar development?
 * want to download Bazaar?
 * want to get Ubuntu cds?
 * want to join the Bazaar list?

We did have some text on http://launchpad.net/~bzr that tried to
handle the first one; I've just added some more.

Do other Launchpad projects get this too?