NEW: feature requests

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 01:51:16 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Xavier Maillard <xma at gnu.org> wrote:
>  I am new to this list and new to bazaar.

Welcome  :)

>  2. for several plugins, why not make them part of the "official"
>  package distribution ? For example several of your plugins are
>  just plain default commands in the git world: rebase, shelf,
>  bisect, email. These are pretty "must have" from a git user point
>  of view. WDYT ?

This has been discussed in the past sprint, and is likely to happen
soon enough. There is some infrastructure we want in place to help
test each release with plugins so we can guarantee some sort of
sanity.
In the mean time, we're also working on getting a spec in place which
would allow trivial installation of new plugins[1]

>  5. what is the correct way to contribute to the bazaar project ?
>  Do I have to subscribe to launchpad (which, as far as I know, is
>  not free software) ?

The closest document I could find was this:
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/developer-guide/HACKING.html

You only have to be registered in Launchpad for bug reporting.
You can contribute patches back just by sending it to this list with
[MERGE] in the subject, and a patch/bundle attached.
We probably need a better document for this, so I'm CCing Ian
Clatworthy explicitly, he might be able to help.

Anyway, welcome  :)

Cheers,

Martin

[1] http://bazaar-vcs.org/Specs/AutomaticPluginSuggestion