adding my entire home dir with a "bzr init ~/"

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 22 05:40:37 GMT 2008

On 21-Mar-2008, at 2:51 PM, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> You'll need to "bzr add" any new files. Unfortunately, thanks to
> ignoring *, you'll have to add each file specifically, instead of just
> the directories they're in.

Apparently .bzrignore supports using Python regular expressions by
prefixing a line with RE: which I've found pretty handy. For example,
I use the following in my .bzrignore:

> RE:(?!((bin|\.bazaar|\.mutt|\.sitecopy|\.R)/)|
> (.unison/.*.prf|.mutt)).*
> .bazaar/svn-cache
> .bazaar/plugins

The first line excludes everything *except* the specified set of
directories and files (~/bin, ~/.bazaar, ~/.mutt*, ~/.sitecopy, ~/.R,
~/.unison/*.prf).  The subsequent lines provides refinements to
exclude particular files within those directories: for example, I
don't want to include any installed bazaar plugins or the bzr-svn's
cache files.

You can find the python regex syntax documented at:

	http://docs.python.org/lib/re-syntax.html

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
       "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli