adding my entire home dir with a "bzr init ~/"

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:40:49 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Matt Nordhoff
<mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com> wrote:
>  You'll need to "bzr add" any new files. Unfortunately, thanks to
>  ignoring *, you'll have to add each file specifically, instead of just
>  the directories they're in.
>  --

Ok. That's what I suspected. I was just hoping there was a flag to
override the "ignore *" on a case-by-case basis when I actually *do*
want Bazaar to track a whole directory.

On second thought, its a slightly different need. In this case I might
even be satisfied if it *only* tracked the file addition / deletion
info! There seem to be two seperate needs here: (1) when one
explicitly adds a file since one edits it makes changes etc. (2) when
one only wants to know what was added when to a dir. A sort of a
"local dir. struct" snapshot to get rollback.

But maybe that just isn't possible and I'm missing some key detail!
Just curious.

-Rahul