[MERGE] Add gnome to the list of known bugtrackers

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sun Mar 16 15:30:55 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 10:13 +0000, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for the review.

> As an aside, I *think* the correct spelling is "parameterized" not
> "parametrized". Though we already have the base class misspelled maybe
> we should just stick with it.

I'm not sure about this.

> I'm also trying to understand:
> URLParametrizedIntegerBugTrackerURL
> ^^^                             ^^^

Yeah, I wasn't happy with this, the suffix was KnownURL, but that
made the class definition exceed 80 chars.

> Certainly tacking on an extra URL doesn't explain to me what makes it
> different from: URLParametrizedIntegerBugTracker
>
> I guess one is requiring that you set the config:
>
> bugzilla_PROJECT_url = XXX
>
> while the other is explicitly registering a
> bugzilla_gnome_url = http://bugzilla.gnome.org
>
> I think it needs to be a little bit clearer what is going on. I don't
> have a better name off the top of my head. Maybe
> "FixedBaseURLIntegerBugTracker".

That sounds ok to me.

> I personally wouldn't mind instantiating a few of them. So that you
> could have "bzr commit --fixes mozilla:XXXX" and some of the other more
> popular open source projects. Other people can disagree, but I think the
> overhead of adding them is quite small, and makes Bazaar nicer to use
> for more users.

I think we should do this too. Especially for large projects that make
the switch.

Emacs' bug tracking seems to be changing currently, otherwise I would
stick that in there as well.

We would also need to have a new help topic, or extend "bugs" to list
the ones that are already set up.

Thanks,

James