Emacs Bazaar repository

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Fri Mar 14 14:19:59 GMT 2008

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman at gmail.com> writes:

>>  If Mercurial had the ability to truly support multiple branches in
>> the same folder (with out requiring me to merge all branches before I
>> can pull - pull works only if there is a single tip/branch), I would
>> have preferred it mainly because it just needs PYTHON and nothing else
>> (GIT needs PERL and SHELL).
>
> How did they do that? It needs both perl and sh? Is there really any
> perl programmer who writes code that way?

The core git is in C, and designed to be used in scripts.

Then, UI commands have usually been prototyped in shell-script, but
there's an ongoing effort to re-write them in C (mostly because
shell-scripts sucks when it comes to robustness and portability).

Some commands have been written in perl instead of C or shell,
probably because they have been written by people who like perl.

--
Matthieu