bzr missing --show-patch

Stefan Reichör stefan at xsteve.at
Wed Mar 5 08:31:16 GMT 2008

Harald Meland <harald.meland at usit.uio.no> writes:

> [Stefan Reichör]
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I track some open source projects. On some projects I am interested in
>> recent commits. This includes the log message and the diff for each new
>> patch.
>>
>> * Mercurial offers the command hg incoming --patch to do exactly this
>>
>> * Git offers git log -p to show a log and the corresponding patches
>>
>> I think, a similar functionality would be very useful for bzr!
>>
>> Is it available somehow? I didn't find anything in that direction.
>
> Currently in bzr.dev there is "bzr merge --preview".

But this only shows all changes as one big diff, or am I missing something?

> If you want to see changes associated with specific revisions, you can
> also use "bzr diff -c REV", but I don't think there is anything quite
> like "git log -p" (i.e. interleave log message and corresponding patch
> for a sequence of revisions).

I know bzr diff -c REV

Of course it is possible to run bzr missing, find the missing revision
numbers and run bzr diff -c or bzr diff -r ... for each revision

But I think it would belong to the bzr core to offer a "bzr log --show-patch"
functionality.

I would use it for DVC.el.

I think this functionality is very useful to look at all changes for a tracked project.

git/mercurial users/developers think this is a useful feature.

Stefan.