[MERGE] Upgrade ConfigObj to version 4.5.1

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Tue Feb 19 18:25:16 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> If it is only upgrading ConfigObj that seems fine. I haven't done a
> line-by-line
> review of the patch.
>
> However, I think we upgraded it once, and actually had a small
> regression. We
> had patched ConfigObj so that it didn't load the validation suite when we
> weren't using it, which saved a a large amount of startup time.
>
> I think Andrew has been looking at startup time again, so it would be
> nice if we
> could coordinate any upgrade to ConfigObj with whatever needs to happen
> to keep
> our startup time low.

Actually, now ConfigObj only imports validate when it's actually used,
so that's not really a problem anymore.

Ooh. I just checked, and you've patched ConfigObj in various other ways
over the years (hasattr() -> getattr() is not None, has_key -> in, etc.).

Don't merge this until I can check that out.