FTP problems

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:33:05 GMT 2008

Hi

I've moved my ISP and then I unfortunately lost SFTP access.  So I
have to use ftp instead.  This sounds bad but I can live with it since
I can setup a separate user and password for a specific directory.  So
if someone gets it, all they get access to is the files they can get
at through the web browser anyway :)

Anyway, I've tried to use the bzr push ftp:// and it gives me strange
errors that means nothing to me.

: [erik at zmaco]$ ; bzr push --remember --use-existing-dir
ftp://erik%40bagfors.nu@bagfors.nu/bzr-plugins/extmerge
FTP erik at bagfors.nu@bagfors.nu password:
FTP temporary error: 451
/bzr-plugins/extmerge/.bzr/repository/upload/i0fdze25vgkts86aat7c.fetch:
Append/Restart not permitted, try again. Retrying.
FTP temporary error: 451
/bzr-plugins/extmerge/.bzr/repository/upload/i0fdze25vgkts86aat7c.fetch:
Append/Restart not permitted, try again. Retrying.
FTP temporary error: 451
/bzr-plugins/extmerge/.bzr/repository/upload/i0fdze25vgkts86aat7c.fetch:
Append/Restart not permitted, try again. Retrying.
bzr: ERROR: Transport error: FTP temporary error during APPEND
/bzr-plugins/extmerge/.bzr/repository/upload/i0fdze25vgkts86aat7c.fetch.Aborting.
451 /bzr-plugins/extmerge/.bzr/repository/upload/i0fdze25vgkts86aat7c.fetch:
Append/Restart not permitted, try again
[Exit 3 ]

I assume this is because of a FTP server that doesn't support
Append/Restart, but still, it would be good if I could upload the
branch.  I prefer not to use lp since 1) lp is not opensource 2) bzr
is a distributed VCS, using a central place for everything just seems
wrong to me.  But if that's the only way for me, I will anyway.

I've attached bzr.log in case it helps...

/Erik