[MERGE] Added pre_commit_info hook to allow modification of the informational text.

Monty Taylor monty at inaugust.com
Mon Feb 4 20:12:05 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Monty Taylor wrote:
>> Here's a tweaked version of the pre_commit_message hook to add
>> pre_commit_info and change the signatures...
>>

> Why do you want a separate 'pre_commit_info' hook and
> 'pre_commit_message' hook. It seems reasonable to just combine them.
> Since pre_commit_message hasn't been merged yet, there is no need to
> maintain compatibility.

Well, I was following Ian's idea here... but I think after he said it
that it made sense to me in that the types of things you'd be doing in a
hook to modify the commit message or that purpose that would serve is
likely different than the need to modify the displayed info. If it was
together, any hooks would have to split the data on the separator, and
then put it back together... I figure why not have the split and make
each hook have a more defined purpose?

> Either way, you need a test that you can add a hook, have it be called
> at commit time, and have what it reports be included into the message
> editor.

Ok. Will do.