Bazaar 0.90.0 problem merging back to Subversion

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Sat Feb 2 06:11:42 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:15 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 05:39:59PM +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> > I am using Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and hence Bazaar 0.90.0.  I have a Bazaar
> > checkout of a Subversion repository, I have bzr-svn installed
> > (obviously :-).  To date things have been working fine.  The repository
> > is small and so no problems with speed etc.  However this afternoon, I
> > used a local commit as I have done in the past when not online.  Online
> > again I did the bzr update to get the local commits scheduled for
> > committing to the Subversion repository being mirrored but....

[ . . . ]

> This is a bug that has been fixed in newer versions of bzr-svn.

Thanks for getting back to me on this problem.  I am glad it was a known
bug that has already been fixed.  Less work for me and for you :-)

> If you have 0.4.2 or later installed, remove ~/.bazaar/svn-cache and try again.
> 0.4.7 should work even without removnig ~/.bazaar/svn-cache.

I have 0.4.1-1 installed as that is the version in the Gutsy package
repository.

A completely separate commit was made from a separate checkout branch to
the master branch that my branch was actually a heavyweight checkout of.
So I did another "bzr update" and this seemed to clear the problem, I
was able to then commit my locally only committed changes up to the
master branch.  So the problem cleared itself without having to do any
deleting of Bazaar control files.  Which is great, certainly I was able
to stop worrying :-)

Will Hardy stick with 0.4.5 now?

Off on a tangent:  I see that NetBeans has built in support for
Mercurial as well as CVS and Subversion, is there a plugin for Bazaar?
(I am already using the Bazaar plugin for Eclipse.)
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077