bzr editor setup

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 05:07:28 GMT 2008

Hi Aaron,

> > bzr clearly did find the editor, as I was just using it! But it somehow loses
> > the file after I save and quit. (Note that EDITOR is set to vim, and editor in
> > the conf file is set to vim too, but I don't think this is the problem.)
>
> Well, this depends which vim.  If you're using the console vim, you
> should be fine.

Actually, I am using the console version of Vim. But I'm using MacVim
which, as I understand it, has only one binary which can bring up a
console or GUI version.

In any case, your answer was correct: -f fixes it. So it looks like
the console version of MacVim does something non-standard. I'll follow
this up with the developers.

Thanks,
Brett