Gitk for Bzr?

Daniel Schierbeck daniel.schierbeck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:59:39 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 09:06 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 16:38 +0100, Daniel Schierbeck wrote:

> > > Still it's the only reason why I haven't switched to Bzr yet. So to me,
> > > and probably many other Git(k) users, it's quite important.
> > >
> > > Will it resize even if you add scroll bars?
> >
> > No, using scrollbars would avoid resizing, but really, that's not the
> > point. A good interface should be simple and pretty, in accordance with
> > the HIG[1].
> >
> > My vision of the viz is an aesthetically pleasing tool that only shows
> > the most relevant information. If there's a market for more hard-core
> > users, that don't mind a cluttered user interface, then a different
> > application can be developed -- it could easily reuse the widgets
> > developed as part of bzr-gtk.
>
> Can I suggest 'bzr viz -vv'.
>
> I think of viz as a 'graphical log', and log -v shows the status between
> commits, so log -vv is a reasonable proposal for showing the entire
> diff :).
>
> What the HIG forgets is that 'simple' is relative. For many folk just
> knowing what commits occured is useless; they have to see the content
> changes to figure out what they want to know.

Have you tried installing my changes-page branch of bzr-gtk? It does
provide the changes directly in the notebook, just in another page (tab)
instead of in the general page.

To install:

  mkdir -p .bazaar/plugins && cd .bazaar/plugins && bzr branch
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dasch/bzr-gtk/changes-page gtk

Cheers,
Daniel