[MERGE] Set the recommended page size for RemoteTransport to 64k.

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Tue Jan 15 11:35:16 GMT 2008

This trivial change just defines a recommended_page_size for RemoteTransport.
It's the same value as used by HttpTransportBase and SFTPTransport.  It greatly
reduces the number of readv calls when reading fetching large branches that are
in pack format.

In a quick test I did with branching bzr.dev over bzr+ssh, it reduced the time
to do all the readvs of the indices from ~108s to ~52s!

Thanks to Robert for noticing the problem and mentioning this facet of our readv
logic to me.

-Andrew.