bzr-svn problem: Permission denied: ".": PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/dept/ gt/trunk'

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 10 04:21:32 GMT 2008

Hi Jelmer.

On 9-Jan-2008, at 4:42 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>> $ svn proplist https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk
>> Properties on 'https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk':
>>  svn:ignore
> The PROPFIND request is used for more than just listing the properties
> on a directory. Can you try "svn ls" rather than "svn proplist" ? The
> first does ask me for a username here.

That works fine:

$ svn ls https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk
.bzrignore
GTClient/
GTServer/

>> Are you able to do the above 'bzr info' with your install?
> Yes, as long as I've used "svn ls" on that URL first (or, in theory,
> if I installed the Subversion 1.5 snapshot). It now fails with a
> different error though, and a very generic one that will be hard to
> debug without a network sniffer :-(

The admin sits just one room over from me, so if there's anything we
can do to help on this end, such as sifting through logs, please just
ask.

> What version do you mean with bleeding edge in this case?

I think I made a mistake with some paths, so I've tried this again,
comparing Subversion 1.5 beta (r27527) and HEAD (r28840) and using bzr-
svn 0.4.6, and Swig 1.3.27 and 1.3.31.

I've since backed out to Subversion r27527 (the 1.5 beta) and brought
in bzr-svn 0.4.6 and using the system Python 2.5.1 and SQLite, with
swig 2.3.27 -- and it crashes in libsvn_swig_py-1.0.dylib.  (I've
attached the crash report below, if it matters -- I don't think it
does.)  I have virtually identical results using swig 1.3.31!