bzr-svn problem: Permission denied: ".": PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/dept/ gt/trunk'

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Jan 9 22:42:19 GMT 2008

Hi Brian,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 02:01:38PM -0600, Brian de Alwis wrote:
>> You can do two things to fix this:

>> * Make sure svn caches the username for the repository. This should be
>> matter of running "svn proplist
>> https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk/" without the --username
>> argument. Subversion will ask you for the username and should cache
>> it.

> That doesn't seem to work unfortunately, or I've missed something:

> $ svn proplist https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk
> Properties on 'https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk':
>   svn:ignore
The PROPFIND request is used for more than just listing the properties
on a directory. Can you try "svn ls" rather than "svn proplist" ? The
first does ask me for a username here.

> $ bzr info svn+https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk
> bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: ".": PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/
> dept/gt/trunk'

> Are you able to do the above 'bzr info' with your install?
Yes, as long as I've used "svn ls" on that URL first (or, in theory,
if I installed the Subversion 1.5 snapshot). It now fails with a
different error though, and a very generic one that will be hard to
debug without a network sniffer :-(

> I also tried updating to the bleeding edge Subversion, but this causes
> bzr-svn to fail complaining that the Python bindings weren't found.
> Grepping through the code, there's no mention of
> svn_delta_invoke_txdelta_window_handler and the only occurrence of
> tx_invoke_window_handler is in testing code.
What version do you mean with bleeding edge in this case?

Cheers,

Jelmer